CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY CENTER

HEALING AND DELIVERANCE MINISTRIES

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Bible Study

Sis D
October 6, 2011 at 11:53 PM Flagged Quote & Reply

carolagard

I  think as servants of God we must be subject to those who God has put in authority with all our hearts, and it will be easier for us to submit to God's direct authority. We would be  better able to respond to the Holy Spirit.

I know that many of us were like Saul, before he became Paul, never wanting to follow God's direction, but after we met with God and accepted him as Lord and Saviour our attitude began to change. When God places someone over us let us not see the person but see the authority that God has given to that person. If we are going to be pastors, leaders or whatever God called us to be then we must be obedient to indirect authority, so that we can be in line with direct authority, and so be more useful to God as vessels of honour. Being disobedient to God's authority is rebellion. And all rebels have their part in the lake of fire ... with the devil!!!

November 2, 2011 at 10:20 PM Flagged Quote & Reply

Paula Alleyne

After reading, the first chapter of Spiritual Authority, my spiritual life and incite to the kingdom of God  took on a whole new level.  I learnt that not only does all authority come from God, but dis- obedience or disrespect to  authority  in general is a diobedience or disrespect to God.

This made me evaluate my life and I too was guilty of not being under subjection, whether it was with my husband, supervisor or even spiritual authority. I repented immediately after reading this. I was ingnorant of the fact , that I was not obeying Gods authority  to the fullest and  I was ignorant of satan's principle-( rebellion) which was slowly creeping into my life.

I have become more humble and at peace  in my life ( let self be slain) and realizes that Jesus too subjected to authority and if  I abide in him and he abides in me, then I too must come under the subjection of God's Authority with ease.

God Bless

Sister Paula

November 3, 2011 at 11:38 PM Flagged Quote & Reply

Paula Alleyne

carolagard at November 2, 2011 at 10:20 PM

I  think as servants of God we must be subject to those who God has put in authority with all our hearts, and it will be easier for us to submit to God's direct authority. We would be  better able to respond to the Holy Spirit.

I know that many of us were like Saul, before he became Paul, never wanting to follow God's direction, but after we met with God and accepted him as Lord and Saviour our attitude began to change. When God places someone over us let us not see the person but see the authority that God has given to that person. If we are going to be pastors, leaders or whatever God called us to be then we must be obedient to indirect authority, so that we can be in line with direct authority, and so be more useful to God as vessels of honour. Being disobedient to God's authority is rebellion. And all rebels have their part in the lake of fire ... with the devil!!!

You are right  Evangelist Carol. I believe the rebellion starts with pride, the ego or self and if we as Gods children  were to do away with this and humble ourselves , we will easily obey authority.

November 3, 2011 at 11:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sis D

If we know what is spiritual authority we wouldn't have a problem in submitting to whom God has placed to lead us. If we really honor God then it will be simple to submit , since God is the one who designates whom He wants to lead us.Therefore if we dishonor whom God has put to lead us, we are also dishonoring God. Dishonor is disobedience and disobedience leads to rebellion, and God hates rebellion. Remember we have to first learn to submit before we can be submitted to.

--
November 9, 2011 at 11:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

carolagard

I understand that authority is very important. Not knowing what is all about there will be conflict. When you are subject to authority it helps you to  build a strong relationship with God. Many times people learn what authority is when they  are in a tough situation and have no way to turn to you. Just follow direction when it is given by some one in authority over you. Many times the people who do not submit to authority are the ones who are not humble, obedient and walking in the way of the Lord. If we do not have  such a relationship  with God then it will be impossible to lead God's people. Remember God's  greatest  demand is to obey Him and they He puts in authority and not "sacricfice" by trying to please God by doing other things that God did not ask you to do. Such sacrifice have a spirit of self operating with it. So my friends I truly belive that obedience is inportant to God.

November 10, 2011 at 10:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

christina griffith
Site Owner

Hi Everyone,

I am quite sure that after you have begun reading this book you have begun to realize how life changing it has become to you. It causes you to reflect upon your own life make purposeful decisions and changes.

When I first encountered the book I realized that in some very small ways I was insubmissive to authority. All my life I thought that I was great at submission but the deeper revelation that I got changed my perspective about how submissive I was.

I can identify with Sis. Paula's views and her experience. Now is the time to draw closer to God and never let go of his teaching of submission. As we read on we will discover how detrimental insubmission to authority can be. Not only does insubmission to God's authority affect us but it also affects our families in a very critical way.

As Pastor Carol mentioned, submission to authority helps build strong relationship with God himself.

Let us value God and his authority!

--

CG

November 11, 2011 at 9:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

carolagard

To my peers, if we don’t know the Will of God then we cannot be subjected to that Will for our lives. Secondly, to do His will, we must be willing and have an open heart to obey God and so to live under God’s authority. When Jesus was sent to Gethsemane he had to be subject to God’s authority, to fulfill the plan of God- even the death of the Cross. This all happen because Jesus had prayerful communication and an intimate relationship with God. So for us to be able to obey God’s authority we must have a heart for prayer and intimacy with God, and a deep desire to the will of God. Let us not be evildoers but laborers together with God.

I totally agree with Sister Dawn, that divination and witchcraft took place when Saul disobeyed God. Saul was commanded by God to destroy the Amalekies and all their cattle. Instead of Saul doing what he was instructed by God to do he decided to do things in his own way, but God wanted Saul’s obedience. So Saul found himself working against God- this is witchcraft. That is like some of us today who do not want or like to follow God’s authority delegated by men and women of God. Because of his disobedience to God, Saul lost his position of blessing as king over Israel. So just like that, if we don’t obey or follow authority given by God, we can be cut off by God.

November 21, 2011 at 12:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sis D

This is so true Pastor Carol. Wise believers would from Saul's mistake or other people's. Obey God's designated authority and be free from God's judgement. Remember obedience is better than sacrifice. 

November 30, 2011 at 7:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Makeba Walcott

Sis D at October 6, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Beautiful words you chose to describe your love of God. I felt every word of your message.

February 6, 2012 at 12:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Makeba Walcott

The words of the previous posters about thier experience on reading the book they have been reading is truly inspiring. I wish to get the book. After reading a couple of posts, I'm sure that one of the topics emphasized in the book is being submissive to indirect authority, which puts you in line to direct authority {God}.

This is one message I sure wish to carry on, whether's it's obeying my father, my mother, my educators, my pastor etc. because it would be a form of hypocrisy to not obey indirect authority, yet believe that all is well because you're praising the Lord {direct authority}.

June 15, 2012 at 3:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.